Tuesday, April 27, 2010

* Gift Envelope *

I wanted to take the Get Sketchy Challenge again this week, since it has been quite a while since I last used one of there sketches. However, again I found it a tough sketch. But while reading one of the older issues of Cards Only I noticed a money envelope and I used this idea to combine with the sketch of Get Sketchy. Luckily I have some extra spare time, because normally I wouldn't take the time to make such a project. But I enjoyed it :) and like the outcome. In fact I like it so much, it will be tough to give it away.
I used a digi stamp again, this time from Sassy Cheryl's and combined them with with the great Paper Mania papers again. I dusted off my flower punches to combine them to make a handmade large flowerset. Too bad, you can hardly see the layer of doily lace I added.
I am still doubting if I should add something to the back of the envelope or if I should leave it as it is.... Supplies: white envelope as base, green, pink and aqua cardstock, Paper Mania papers, doily lace paper, Sassy Cheryls digistamp, scalloped scissors, roses, organza ribbon, white puffy paint, some bling bling.

I am entering the following challenges with this project:

Get Sketchy: challenge 34

Pollycraft: challenge 41 handmade flowers

One stitch at a time : Challenge 10 flowers

Stamp scrap & doodle saturdays: challenge 37 girlee

Die cut dreams: Challenge 45 make your own flowers

Pile it on: challenge 16 make it sweet

Crafty angels online: Challenge 32 Summer

I also did a new update on the look of my blog. I used Raspberry Road Designs April Showers kit and I totally love the colors. I think I will leave it like this for a while. I still need to figure out how to add a graphic instead of text for titles in my sidebars & then the look is complete :)
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

17 comments:

  1. Beautiful creation. Thanks so much for joining us at OSAAT.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the envelope....beautifully done!
    Thanks for entering this week at OSAAT!
    smiles...Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful creation, lovely image and detail, Thanks for joining us over at OSAAT, hope to see you again soon Good Luck
    Sarah xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. wozer this is just incredible what a gorgeous set!! hugs Juls

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh this is one beautiful creation,thanks
    so much for joining us at OSAAT
    love hugs cheryl xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful envelope. I simply love your flowers! Thanks for playing with us this week at SSDS. Hugs, Kim

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful envelope. I simply love your flowers! Thanks for playing with us this week at SSDS. Hugs, Kim

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is beautiful. The papers you've used are gorgeous and your flowers are divine. Thanks for joining us here at OSAAT.
    Sam x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous gift envelope and fabulous floral detail.
    Thank you for joining us at Die Cut Dreams.
    Hugs,
    Nicola -x-

    please turn off word verification to help all the DT´s leave you comments -x-

    ReplyDelete
  10. what a gorgeous gift this is - your flowers are beautiful

    Fab to see you joining in at Die Cut Dreams
    Hugs
    Victoria
    x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fantastic creation, your flowers are fabulous.
    Thanks for joining us at Crafty Angels this week.

    ReplyDelete
  12. what a fantastic envelope! So glad you joined the DCD challenge this week. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow great envelope! I love that image, your coloring and those flowers are wonderful. Thanks for joining us this week at SSDS.
    Hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a fab envelope and beautiful flowers :)
    Thanks for joining us at OSAAT and don't forget to check back later today to see the new challenge, find out who won this one, and for a very special store anouncement. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful Gift Envelope and your handmade flowers are gorgeous. THankyou for joining in the DCD challenge this week.
    Love n hugs
    Vikki xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. OMG this is just soooo pretty.Thanks for joining us at OSAAT xx Clare (DT) x

    ReplyDelete
  17. what a fantastic envelope! I really love that image and what a beautiful creation..thanks for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete