Saturday, February 20, 2016

* Forget or Remember *

How can I forget you when my world is breaking down. You're all I have, 
you're all I want.... Those are the first words that come to my mind when 
I read the word Forget. It's a song by Abba 
sung by Agnetha Faltskog and it's one of my favorites.
At this moment I don't know if I want to forget about him and all my 
memories I have of him or if I want to remember all that we had and did 
and hang to it for dear life. I am at the a crossroad. One moment I want to 
relish in the memories of happier days together and the next I am totally 
pissed at him for being such an asshole and throwing away all the good 
we had. Also the bad, but hey it cannot all be moons and roses. That's life 
together as well. 
Remembering means holding on and sometimes holding on to something is 
more hurting than letting go. Holding on to someone who doesn't love you 
is useless. The act of loving it self isn't useless, it's the most precious 
emotion people can feel and express. What brings joy and makes you feel 
alive in every small part of you body.
Forgetting means moving forward with my life and my head knows it's the 
best thing to do, if he wants he will return. If not it's simply not meant to be. 
I also read that even if you want something really badly you still don't get it, 
because something better is waiting for you. 
So that's something good and positive to focus on. Let's keep on doing that.


My entry for this weeks 5 min Friday; write for 5 minutes, no editing. 


2 comments:

  1. It sounds like you've had a lot of disappointment in a special relationship. God is a great God. I pray that you will find comfort in His love for you. Behind you in the 85 at the FMF linkup. christianhome.life

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I have been where you are at. Letting go is so hard. I know what it is like to lose someone who walks away from you. It hurts to the core. Like you said, if it is meant to be and part of Jesus's will for your life, you will come back together. However, if it might be that Jesus has someone better waiting for you. Trust in Him and let Him lead you. I know it is easier said than done, but take it from someone who has been hurt really badly in relationships: God knows what is best for you and He has someone perfect for you. Wait upon Him. :)

    ReplyDelete