Sunday, January 24, 2016

* present *

This week for 5 min Friday the word is present.
Here is my take at it.
The first what comes to my mind with present is the saying, today is a gift, that's why they call it the present. And that is how I want to look at life again. I want to feel happy again. Taking everyday as it comes. Not worrying. Leaving things to God, knowing it all will work out for the best. Everything happens for a reason, was Always my mantra and I need to believe and want to believe that again. There is a plan for me waiting to fold itself out.
And I also want to be present in my own life again. Trying to enjoy the small things. Doing the things I liked before I got ill with depression. I can beat it. I know I can. Yes, I need medication, yes I need help, but in they end it's ME who is taking care of it.
Being present at work. Trying to get engaged in matters again. Living in the now.
Being present for friends again. Talk to them, enjoying time together instead of complaining.
Being present in my heart. My heart filled with love.


I notice I find it hard and difficult to write. I know what I want to say but the words keep silent within my head. Something to work on....

4 comments:

  1. Depression is tough, but I love your positive attitude and your determination to get the help you need and to beat it. You can do it!
    I also loved your reminder to stay focussed on the present and to trust in God- I can far too easily drift into worrying about the future.
    Visiting from FMF.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you! Keep on keeping on! Each us needs to make that choice daily to be present and make the most of the gift. Blessings and peace to you as you press on towards your goal, never forsaking the journey that lies ahead. Carpe Diem!

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I just can't make the progress I wish for, I keep reminding myself to take baby steps toward my goal. They don't "feel" like progress but they do make a difference ever so slowly. It seems like you are doing that, too. Accepting the truth about what you can't do and taking the steps that you can. Good for you. I guess baby steps kinda' fit with living in the present. Ooh, and the pomegranate looks good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just like you I seem to find it difficult to write these things for FMF. I somewhat have an idea for the prompts, but the thoughts seem kinda jumbled. It's frustrating, but I keep at it. So glad that you are writing, too.
    Depression is no fun at all!!! Praying for you, Miranda.

    Lynette
    ~#9 on linkup

    ReplyDelete